Monday, October 5, 2009

Arrival in Liberia

Praise the Lord,

We arrived in Liberia today (Monday) at 5:00 pm. The flight from Brussels to Liberia was only 1 / 3 full so I was able to get a whole row to myself and stretch out and sleep. I slept the entire flight except for a few minutes when Bro Garza woke me up so I could eat. (I told him not to let me sleep through lunch!) General Muhamed was there to help get our luggage and get us to Bishop Stewart. I was so good to see Bishop Stewart and his warm smile. Bro Kamara the pastor of Good Samaritan Pentecostal church traveled with him to greet Bro Garza and myself upon arrival. Liberia is in the final days of what they consider their rainy season, where it rains significantly almost every day. The weather is cooler than normal but still real humid. After a 40 minute drive we were at the Stewarts where we were greeted by Sis. Stewart and a great meal!! Bro. Benda joined us about half way through and we sat around a talked for some time. Tuesday is a free day for us so the Bishop told us to sleep in and relax. Bishop Stewart informed us that there is a committee of delegates from Sierra Leon that are traveling to attend the men's conference. It will take them two days to travel from where there are to get to the conference site. Please pray for the safety of all the brethren that will be traveling (some a significant distance) to this conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment